I had such a great daddy. I'm so happy my babies do too.
I respect and adore these two men for such different reasons. My dad was 5-foot-nothing but he could fill a room with his humor and loud (sometimes inappropriate) mouth.
My husband is over six feet tall and is just as happy to let other people have center stage (me most of the time) as opposed to leading the room.
My dad was loud, my husband isn't. David knows how to whisper. My dad and I, not so much.
And although these two men could not be any different on the outside, they both epitomize what it means to be a dad. My dad never missed a sporting event, never missed a recital, a play, or a graduation. My husband goes to every one of the kids' games, Christmas programs, special school days. My dad dressed me and did my hair (much to everyone's chagrin because it was something "special"). My husband fixes ponytails much better than me and dresses my children in clothes that actually match.
Both of these men love being outside with their kids teaching them how to play ball or ride in the boat.
And although I have loved and adored these two seemingly different men, to me, they both embody what it means to be a man. They both know how to LOVE their children and their family. They spend time with them, quality time.
I only wish my babies had gotten a chance to know my daddy as I did.


No comments:
Post a Comment