Sunday, January 1, 2017

This is my new life (and I'm a little salty about it)

For Mom...
My New Year's resolutions have four major points: prayer, parenting, running, blogging. I'm trying to work out my beef with God and I realize we should have gone to church today, but we were so very tired. And the kids were up early. I promise, lots more church this year. I know you are not judging and didn't used to like organized religion, but I suspect you know more now....at any rate, we did do our usual Sunday family outing together. If we don't go to church, we spend time together which I feel like puts us closer to God. You tell me.

Parenting. I want to be a better parent. I took the kids on a run today. Charlotte was The Flash and Sadie would run run really fast and then get out of breath and sit down and say "I'm so tired" and then run run run again. It was fun. Then we came home and "baked" cookies in the Easy Bake Oven. I say that loosely because those cookies were just slightly warmed cookie dough. I mean, obviously we would have loved it. The problem is that after we did all that, I let them play on their Kindle Fires and they were fine, but when I am not playing with them or they are not in their technology, they are insane. I just don't know what to do. 

I ran with the kids. I ran for a bit after I escaped and left them inside. I like doing it and I need something that makes me feel good. A bikini is something I would also like to own again. I promise, no weights to make me buff and manly. Whatever that used to mean. Haha.
I'll try and blog as much as I can. It helps me process. Plus I need to talk to you. I know you see us, but this is concrete. I just wish you would talk back.

Oh yeah, David made us black eyed peas and collards, so don't worry, we ate that and even Charlotte tried the black eyed peas. We didn't get "my babies" black eyed peas because David says it takes forever to make them. Really? You did it and they tasted fine. Who knows? 
WOW! Look at those amazing cookies!
Charlotte helping Daddy clean the collards

No comments:

Post a Comment